Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yet another SDK update

I just returned from my summer holidays and found a brand new android SDK (0.9beta) available for download. I downloaded it, and found that it introduces a lot of changes. Packages were renamed and openGL/ES programming has changed quite a lot. Even menus are now different. So a lot of work is required to update monolithandroid in order to make it work with this SDK. Maybe I will be able to pump out a new, compatible version till the end of the week. Since this SDK is a 0.9 beta version, not a lot of things will change in the final 1.0 release and that means that the next releases will require a lot less work. And since the first android devices are scheduled for release in Q4, maybe we will be able to get our hands on a device just in time for Christmas. Now I must leave you and return to my project. I have a lot of work to do and correct some nasty bugs. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Search the web