Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another monolithandroid beta is out

I just released another monolithandroid beta (monolithandroid1.0.1beta.apk). It seems that most of the previous beta 1.0.0 problems were related to 3 things.
First, the prepareAsync call used in media player to play sounds caused problems. Now synchronous playback is used.
Second, The textures that I was using were pretty big. Now the texture sizes (used for the moon and earth) are reduced below 64x64 pixels. Third, I had a starfield class that drew 3d points in order to give the player the illusion of space travel. The problem was I was trying to draw 10000 points which is way too much. Now only 100 points are drawn. So go to http://code.google.com/p/monolithandroid and grab the latest apk. Give it a try on your android phone and you may even have some fun. I hope that the music won't drive you crazy! Post your comments here or use the Issue tracker found on http://code.google.com/p/monolithandroid
Oh, and don't forget to say what device you used for your tests!
I would like to take the opportunity to wish you a happy new year.

No comments:

Search the web